Jis sentences ke end me RAHA THA, RAHI THI, RAHE THE aae to use ham Past Continuous Tense kehte hai.
Rule: Sub+was/were+V1 ing
Rule: Sub+was/were+notV1 ing
Rule: was/were+Sub+V1 ing
I, He, She, Name, It ke saath hamlog Was ka use karte hai
You, They, We ke saath hamlog Were ka use karte hai
|I, He, She, Name, It||Was|
|You, Thet We||Were|
- Mai so raha tha.
I was sleeping. (Simple Sentence)
I was not sleeping. (Negative Sentence)
Was I sleeping? (Interrogative Sentence)
- Rahul football khel raha tha.
Rahul was playing football. (Simple Sentence)
Rahul was not playing football. (Negative Sentence)
Was Rahul playing football? (Interrogative Sentence)
- Mai ghar ja raha tha.
I was going to home. (Simple Sentence)
I was not going to home. (Negative Sentence)
Was I going to home? (Interrogative Sentence)
Translate the following sentences by yourself for practice.
- Ladke school jaa rahe the.
- Mai movie dekh raha tha.
- Aaj mai football nahi khel raha tha.
- Kya tumhare pitaji office jaa rahe tha?
- Mai tumse baat kar raha tha.
- Kya tum jaa rahe the?
- Ham kitab nahi padh rahe the.
- Kya tum kuch pooch rahe the?
- Woh kuch nahi bata rahi thi
- Rahul doodh paka raha tha